When applying to the World Language Teacher Certification; Graduate Certificate program, you will need to submit several documents for review.
- Online Application
- Application Fee of $50
- Successful completion of GACE Foreign Language content exam or ACTFL OPI
- Resume (upload with the application)
- Goal Statement (upload with application – statement should describe interest in teaching and background experiences in the target language use –study abroad, family connections, travel, or favorite coursework)
- Two Letters of Recommendation (identify your recommenders on the application); (a) academic professional letter, (b) a letter from someone who can evaluate the applicant’s personal qualifications, experience, and background in light of the potential to work successfully with students at the P-12 levels or (c) a letter from a current work supervisor (if applicable)
- Official Transcript(s): minimum 2.5 undergraduate GPA required for admission
- submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended either electronically to email@example.com or by mailing directly to Georgia State University | Office of Graduate Admissions | P.O. Box 4018 Atlanta, GA 30302
If you do not already meet certification requirements in Georgia, you will also need to complete the following prior to program admission:
- Georgia Educator Ethics – Program Entry (350)
- GACE Program Admission Assessment
You may exempt this test if you have received appropriate minimum scores on the ACT/GRE/or SAT. — For exemption score details, click here.