When applying to the World Language Teacher Certification; Graduate Certificate program, you will need to submit several documents for review.
- Online Application
- Application Fee of $50
- Successful completion of GACE Foreign Language content exam or ACTFL OPI
- Resume (upload with the application)
- Goal Statement (upload with application – statement should describe interest in teaching and background experiences in the target language use –study abroad, family connections, travel, or favorite coursework)
- Two Letters of Recommendation (identify your recommenders on the application); (a) academic professional letter, (b) a letter from someone who can evaluate the applicant’s personal qualifications, experience, and background in light of the potential to work successfully with students at the P-12 levels or (c) a letter from a current work supervisor (if applicable)
- Official Transcript: minimum 2.5 undergraduate GPA required for admission
- submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended either electronically to [email protected] or by mailing directly to Georgia State University | Office of Graduate Admissions | P.O. Box 4018 Atlanta, GA 30302
In order to meet certification requirements in Georgia, you will also need to complete the following prior to program admission:
- Georgia Educator Ethics Assessment
- Click here for information and how to register for the Georgia Educator Ethics Assessment.
View the World Languages Teacher Graduate Certificate Program Advising Check Sheets with the following documents included:
- Certification Only
- Certification with Masters
- Masters without Certification