A completed application includes:
- Submitted Online Application. Online applications must be submitted by the deadline. Paper applications are not available.
- Application fee: A nonrefundable fee of $50 is required for each application. This fee must be paid online by credit card.
- Personal statement: The goal statement is your means of presenting yourself to the Graduate Admissions Committee. You should submit a short typed statement of personal and professional goals as they relate to the certificate or degree program you are seeking. Most applicants write two typed pages, summarizing their work experience, the reasons they have chosen the program, why they want to attend Georgia State and how the degree fits in with their career goals.
- A resume or CV.
- Official GRE (Graduate Record Examination) scores: Official scores must be reported to institution code 5251 and received by Georgia State by the application deadline. More information can be found at our Admissions FAQ page or, to schedule the test, at www.gre.org. Applicants may be considered for a waiver of the GRE with departmental approval. Applicants eligible for a GRE waiver must have (1) a Master’s degree (5-7 years) & (2) a minimum GPA of 3.5. For consideration, applicants should complete the waiver form here.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing Systems) Academic scores (International applicants only): International applicants are required to submit official TOEFL or IELTS Academic scores.
- Two letters of recommendation: Letters should be submitted through the online application.
- Upload Transcripts from each post-secondary college/university attended:
- Upload each transcript to the Academic History section of the online application before submitting your application or upload to your application status page under the Upload Materials section if your application has been submitted.
- Review requirements for submitting transcripts here.
Failure to follow these requirements will delay your application processing.