Minimum of 110 credit hours, About 4-5 years.
Where will I take classes?
Full-time attendance is expected.
Application Deadlines View Admissions Requirements
- Fall Priority Deadline: November 1
- Fall Final Deadline: March 1
- Spring/Summer: Does not admit
Translational Biomedical Sciences, Ph.D.
The Translational Biomedical Sciences Ph.D. offers an innovative and interdisciplinary training experience designed to position graduates to contribute to the improvement of human health through various biomedical science related careers.
Key areas of educational and research focus will be complemented by cross-training in business and entrepreneurship to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of how to take discoveries from the "bench to the bedside."
Students will experience:
- A signature, interdisciplinary curriculum with a focus on professional development
- Mentorship from world-class researchers and distinguished faculty
- Hands-on participation in cutting-edge biomedical research
- State-of-the-art research facilities
- Vibrant campus life in downtown Atlanta
After admission, all doctoral students complete 2-3 laboratory rotations designed to match the student to a faculty advisor and lab for the duration of their study.
Matches are based on the student’s research interests, the faculty member’s current projects and available space.
During the student’s time in the faculty member’s lab, they will have the opportunity to contribute to research that tackles some of the world’s biggest health issues.
In addition to strong technical knowledge, industry employers seek graduates with strong, transferable skills. The Ph.D. program offers a unique curriculum that includes opportunities to develop oral and written communication skills, project management skills and creative problem-solving skills.
Students are also encouraged to complete an annual Individual Development Plan (IDP) to establish short- and long-term career objectives and develop a strategy to acquire the skills needed to achieve these goals.
- Clinical biochemistry/immunology/microbiology
- Medical doctor/nurse/physiotherapist
- Patent attorney
- Regulatory affairs/technology transfer
- Research and development (industry/academia)
- Research management and administration
- Science communication/journalism/publishing
- Scientific sales and marketing
- Specialist (ecologist, pollution control, bioinformatician)
- Teaching (school/college/university)
- Technical (quality control, research technician)