There is no GRE/GMAT requirement for admission into the program.
The program will consist of at least two courses per semester, and students may apply for admission for fall or spring semester. The deadline for the fall semester is June 30th and spring is October 29th.
The following materials are required for admission:
- Online Application for Graduate Admissions to Georgia State University.
- A $50 application fee.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals knowledgeable of the applicant’s professional and academic abilities.
- Current resume including education, work experience and professional development, professional and/or community activities, research and publications.
- Official scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), for applicants whose native language is not English. See section on “International Admissions” for more information.
- For International Applicants, please provide all items listed above plus the items listed here.
- Because this program is taught strictly online, it does not allow for F1 or 1 visa sponsorship for overseas students
- A personal statement identifying your educational/professional goals and the purpose for applying to the specific graduate option (Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics or Master of Science in Health Sciences with a concentration in Health Informatics).
- A two-page white-paper style writing sample on a health informatics topic (APA style).
- A Certificate of Immunization.
- A bachelor’s degree in any field with at least two years experience in a healthcare or information technology (IT) setting.