Georgia State University is an enterprising urban public research institution in Atlanta,
the leading cultural and economic center of the Southeast.
With six campuses throughout metro Atlanta, the Georgia State University provides its world-class faculty and more than 52,000 students with unsurpassed connections to the opportunities available in one of the 21st century’s great global cities. A national leader in graduating students from diverse backgrounds, the university provides a rich, unique experience with a downtown campus that overlaps with major attractions and centers of industry and culture, hundreds of student clubs and organizations, and one of the most diverse student bodies in the country. Students, faculty and alumni enjoy a dynamic campus personality and culture based on ambition, hard work, dedication and perseverance.
No. 2 most innovative university in the U.S.*
No. 1 public university in the U.S. for an unusually strong commitment to undergraduate teaching (tied)*
No. 6 in the U.S. for best first-year experience*
Top 10 in the U.S. for best learning communities*
No. 40 (out of 1,320 U.S. institutions) for economic mobility**
Among the most diverse universities in the U.S. (according to U.S. News’ diversity index)
No. 1 nonprofit university in the U.S. to confer bachelor's degrees to African Americans***
No. 1 public university in the U.S. sending the most African American students to study abroad****
No. 11 public university in the U.S. sending the most racial and ethnic minority students to study abroad****
No. 5 fastest-growing research portfolio in the U.S.*****
- 6 campuses
- 12 colleges and schools
- 52,000+ students from more than 150 nations and territories
- 3,600+ international students
- 250+ degree programs in 100 fields of study at the Atlanta Campus — the widest variety in the state
- 30+ associate degree pathways at five campuses and through the largest online program in the state
- $2.8 billion annual economic impact on metro Atlanta******
- 76 school/college/institute-based research centers, plus six university-wide research centers
- 80+ study abroad programs in 40 countries
- 400+ student organizations, including 31 fraternities and sororities
- 10,000+ degrees are conferred each year
- Georgia State is among the most diverse colleges and universities in the U.S., and annually graduates more African American students than any other public or nonprofit higher-education institution.
- Georgia State's main campus in downtown Atlanta — the leading economic center of the Southeast, with the world’s busiest airport and third-most Fortune 500 companies of any U.S. city — knows no boundaries. Internships, jobs and connections to the world’s business, government, health care, nonprofit and cultural communities are just blocks away.