Panther Excellence Program
The Panther Excellence Program is your opportunity to get on campus early and start using the resources, meeting the people, taking the initiative and developing the skills to make the most of your college academy.
Georgia State University's Panther Excellence Program (PEP) gives you a unique and exciting opportunity to quickly establish yourself at Georgia State University and set yourself up for academic and interpersonal success. Through the Panther Excellence Program, you will:
- Develop strong study habits and academic skills
- Begin fulfilling degree requirements
- Increase your likelihood of attaining or maintaining the HOPE Scholarship eligibility
- Learn about a wealth of resources for support and guidance
- Make enduring friendships
Panther Excellence Program consists of programs, activities and services that work together–and with you to put you on the path to college success:
- Individualized study skills and learning-style assessments
- Academic skills workshops including time management, memory and concentration, how to read a textbook, how to talk to your professor
- Peer Mentoring
- Leadership development
- Introduction to key faculty and staff
- Individualized guidance and support from Financial Aid, University Advisement Center, Scholarship Resource Center, Academic Coaching, and more
- Social and networking events including leadership retreat, and civic engagement opportunities
- Group Study sessions
- To view the Panther Excellence Program brochure, click here [PDF]
To be considered for the Panther Excellence Program, you must meet the following requirements.
The fall semester of the Panther Excellence Program consists of twelve to thirteen credit hours for all participants. Credit hours for spring semester will be determined by GPA:
- Students earning 2.5 or higher GPA in fall will take a full courseload of 13 hours in the spring
- Students earning lower than 2.5 GPA will receive additional academic support, but must take less than 12 credit hours in the spring
Success in college takes commitment and engagement–both in the classroom and out–so the Panther Excellence Program asks for your full participation in a range of specific programs and activities:
- Mandatory attendance at selected academic and co-curricular events throughout the year, including one-on-one meetings with PEP staff
- Three-day/weekend retreat
- Commitment to enroll in designated Core Curriculum classes in fall 2013 and spring 2014 (all Core courses will count toward your major, regardless of major)
For more information about Panther Excellence Program, click here, or consult the program's FAQ [PDF].
To accept the invitation to participate in Georgia State Panther Excellence Program, click here.