You should see an advisor any time you have questions regarding core curriculum, academic requirements and academic standing. Advisors help students with less than 42 hours of credit as well as undecided majors. They can help you with choosing classes, choosing a major, or directing you to the proper resource on campus that fits your needs.
Schedule an advisement appointment once per semester prior to registration. Your advisor can help you avoid potential registration problems by identifying holds or other requirements, put together a schedule that suits your strengths and weaknesses, and interpret core curriculum requirements.
You can contact the Student Advisement Center at 404-413-2300 to schedule an appointment with an advisor. Walk-in advisement is also available for students who have brief questions. Contact the center for walk-in days and times.
- Submit your FAFSA! For many students, financial assistance may be necessary. If you’re interested in loans, work study, grants, and scholarship, the first step is to submit the FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Get connected! Activate your CampusID. This will serve as your login to your email address, PAWS, and various other Georgia State systems. Georgia State will use your student e-mail to communicate important information. Click here to get started.
- Consider living on campus! Find out more about your housing options here.
- Finalize your plans! Complete the Intent to Enroll form.
- Register for a mandatory Incept! Click here to view and register for our new student orientation.
- Submit immunization records! The immunization form [PDF] must be submitted prior to registration.
- Take the test! Do you need to take the chemistry or math placement exam? Find more information here. You must have your Panther Card at the time of testing.
- Help us help you! For students requiring special accommodations, please contact The Office of Disability Services. Refer to the Documentation Guidelines to learn more about the process of documentation of disabilities.
- Learn about transportation and parking! Visit the Auxiliary Services page for information about parking fees, MARTA and shuttle services.
- Send your final transcript! Make sure to submit your final college transcripts from any pervious institutions to admissions.
- Check out your Academic Evaluation online! Your evaluation will outline the list of courses necessary to complete for the Core requirements and for your major courses. Log in to PAWS, and choose “View Academic Evaluation” from the Student Records menu to get started.
- View the academic guides for your major! You can view the list of undergraduate majors offered at Georgia State, then click on the academic guide for each one. This offers a semester by semester example of course schedules.
- Get Pantherized! Search for apparel, gifts, and supplies at the online Georgia State Bookstore.