Advertising & Posting
The Student*University Center oversees advertising, posting and the distribution of materials inside the center and in various outdoor plazas on campus, as well as the display of banners inside and outside the facility.
The Administrative Office regulates the distribution of handouts within the Student*University Center and the placement of newspapers and magazines within racks throughout the facility.
The Student Center Information Center coordinates the posting of flyers and other small notices by chartered student organizations and university departments on grip strips in the University Center and enclosed bulletin boards in the Student Center.
PantherDining authorizes the placement of table tents, flyers and other materials on tables in food courts within the Student*University Center.
The Reservations Office accepts reservations for the use of information tables on outdoor campus plazas, display cases on the third floor of the University Center, easel poster display spaces in the Student Center and the placement of banners on the Library Plaza fence and the Decatur Street crossovers. See Display Areas & Information Tables for more information.
Tables on the General Classroom Plaza may also be reserved for selling or promoting products and services. See Commercial Solicitation for more information.
Student organization and university department display cases and bulletin boards located throughout the Student*University Center are the responsibility of the sponsoring organizations and are not available for posting by other groups.
All posting on campus must be in compliance with university posting guidelines, available in the Student*University Center Administrative Office, 360 Student Center, 404/413-1860.
- The act of distributing materials to an individual is permitted within the Student*University Center with prior approval from the Student*University Center Administrative Office.
- Only chartered student organizations and university departments may distribute handouts within the center.
- Handouts must be freely given. No donations may be requested.
- Individuals may not be harassed or made to feel compelled to take handouts.
- The flow of pedestrian traffic may not be blocked or disrupted.
- Handouts may not create a litter concern. The distributing organization is responsible for picking up carelessly discarded material within the Student*University Center.
Newspaper and Magazine Distribution
- The Signal student newspaper, Recreation Rap-Up, New South literary magazine and Cinefest Film Theatre schedules may be placed in appropriate bins located in the Student Center and University Center. The removal of expired editions is the responsibility of the respective organizations.
- Newspaper and magazine racks for non-university publications may be placed in two locations on the third floor of the University Center: by the University Bookstore buy-back window and by the display board near dining seating. To place a rack in these locations, a written request listing a publication description, distribution schedule and official contact person must be made to the Student*University Center Associate Director for Building Administration. Material without proper approval or that is improperly placed will be discarded.
- Newspapers and magazines may only be distributed from approved locations. Placement of racks in any other location will result in their removal. The Student*University Center is not responsible for damage to or theft of racks.
- Grip strips are located throughout the University Center for posting notices about official university activities and announcements by chartered student organizations and university departments. Posted items should clearly identify the affiliation with the university.
- Organizations not affiliated with the university may not post items on University Center grip strips.
- Only one posting is permitted per grip strip location. Notices may not be posted over previously posted items.
- Sponsors are encouraged to assume responsibility for removing dated material.
- Student*University Center staff will remove and destroy improperly posted items daily. Persons or organizations that post items improperly may be charged for any resulting property damage. The Student*University Center is not responsible for maintaining or returning any improperly posted or dated items after removal.
- Enclosed bulletin boards are located throughout the Student Center for posting notices about official university activities and announcements by chartered student organizations and university departments. Posted items should clearly identify the affiliation with the university.
- Organizations not affiliated with the university may not post items in Student Center bulletin boards.
- Only one posting is permitted per bulletin board. Notices should be no larger than 8.5 by 11 inches.
- Notices will be posted by Student*University Center staff. Eight copies of the notice should be delivered to the Student Center Information Center 48 hours prior to requested posting date.
- Student*University Center staff will remove and destroy notices after one week or after the event has taken place.
Table Tents and Flyers
- Table tents, flyers and other literature may not be placed on tables in lounges or the Courtyard in the Student*University Center. The Director of PantherDining must approve the placement of literature on tables in the Panthers Club in the University Center.
Posters, Banners, Display Cases
and Information Tables
- Reservations for display cases and poster display areas within the Student*University Center, banner display areas within and around the Student*University Center, and information tables on the Library Plaza are coordinated through the Student*University Center Reservations Office. For usage guidelines and reservation information, see Display Areas & Information Tables.