Applying for Veterans Benefits
The federal Department of Veterans Affairs and Georgia State Veterans Services monitors each veteran student's enrollment status and academic progress. The number of credit hours for which a student is enrolled determines the benefits he or she will receive.
Change in Status
Notify Georgia State Veterans Services under any of these conditions:
- If changes in your enrollment status occur due to an increase or decrease in hours, please notify Veterans Services within 30 days by submitting a Veterans Information Sheet.
- As a courtesy, if you decide to stop attending classes for a term or more, please notify Veterans Services. Notification may be made verbally or in writing.
- Notify Veterans Services if you change your degree program or major.
- Upon earning 45 credit hours, you must declare a major and notify Veterans Services of your decision.
- When your educational benefits have terminated, notify Veterans Services.
- If you have a change of address, notify the federal Department of Veterans Affairs first, then, Georgia State Veterans Services.