When updating a file, the system requires that the new file have the same name as the original file. We recommend the terms in the filename be separated with hyphens or underscores, not spaces. Files should not be uploaded with a year or date in the filename, in order to avoid having to delete the file if it needs to be updated. Instead, use a generic name that best suits what it is and is unlikely to change through time.
1. Click the Asset Manager tab.
2. Click the Asset Manager tab.
NOTE: The Asset manager will always start at the general images folder in the asset manager. You will need to navigate to your appropriate folder.
3. Click “Switch Folder” at the top of the window.
4. Select the desired folder in the Asset Manager.
5. Enter a keyword into the search bar next to “Value”. (see Figure 4)
NOTE: Put an “*” after the letter or keyword to only search for files that begin with that term.
6. Click “Start Search”.
NOTE: Click “Reset Search” if the search does not yield desired results.
7. Click the name of the desired file in your asset folder.
8. Click “Update File” in the lower right hand section of the window below the information about your selected asset.
9. Click “Browse” in the Transfer Local File dialog box.
10. Navigate to the asset you wish to update and select the file in the Choose File to Upload dialog box.
NOTE: The new file must have the same name as the old file in the Asset Manager that you wish to update. You may right-click on the asset in the Choose File to Upload dialog box and select “Rename” if needed.
11. Click “Open” in the Choose File to Upload dialog box.
12. Click “OK” in the Transfer Local File dialog box.
13. Enter alternative text in the “Alt” field of the Attributes dialog box. NOTE: If you wish to update the alternative text for the asset, click “Edit Attributes” ” in the lower right hand section of the window below the information about your selected asset.