J.D., Harvard Law School
B.A., Columbia University
Legal ethics and pedagogy
Cities Related Research Areas: Legal studies; workplace problems; employment litigation.
- Charlotte S. Alexander, Camille Gear Rich & Zev J. Eigen, “Post-Racial Hydraulics: The Hidden Dangers of the Universal Turn,” 90 N.Y.U. L. REV. ___ (forthcoming 2016).
- Charlotte S. Alexander & Nathaniel Grow, “Gaming the System: The Exemption of Professional Sports Teams from the Fair Labor Standards Act,” 49 U.C. DAVIS L. REV. ___ (forthcoming 2015).
- Charlotte S. Alexander, “Transparency and Transmission: Theorizing Information’s Role in Regulatory and Market Responses to Workplace Problems,” 48 CONN. L. REV. ___ (forthcoming 2015).
- Charlotte S. Alexander & Anna Haley-Lock, “Underwork, Work Hour Insecurity, and a New Approach to Wage and Hour Regulation,” 54 INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS __ (forthcoming 2015).
- Charlotte S. Alexander, Anna Haley-Lock & Nantiya Ruan, “Stabilizing Low-Wage Work,” 50 HARV. C.R.-C.L. L. REV. ___ (forthcoming 2015) (lead article).
- Charlotte S. Alexander & Arthi Prasad, “Bottom Up Workplace Law Enforcement: An Empirical Analysis,” 89 IND. L.J. 1069 (2014).
- Charlotte S. Alexander, “Anticipatory Retaliation, Threats, and the Silencing of the Brown Collar Workforce,” 50 AM. BUS. L.J. 779 (2013).
- Charlotte S. Alexander, “Explaining Peripheral Labor: A Poultry Industry Case Study,” 33 BERKELEY J. EMP. & LAB. L. 353 (2012).
- Charlotte S. Alexander, “Learning to be Lawyers: Professional Identity and the Law School Curriculum,” 70 MD. L. REV. 465 (2011).
- Clark D. Cunningham & Charlotte S. Alexander, “Developing Professional Judgment: Law School Innovations in Response to the Carnegie Foundation’s Critique of American Legal Education,” Michael Robertson et al., eds., THE ETHICS PROJECT IN LEGAL EDUCATION (London: Routledge-Cavendish) (2011).
- Charlotte S. Alexander, “Would an Opt In Requirement Fix the Class Action Settlement? Evidence from the Fair Labor Standards Act,” 80 MISS. L.J. 443 (2010).
- Charlotte H. Sanders, “Come Down and Make Bargains in Good Faith: The Application of 42 U.S.C. § 1981 to Discrimination in Retail Stores,” 4 HASTINGS RACE & POVERTY L. J. 281 (2007).