- Review "Information for External Reviewers" posted on Academic Program Review website
- Review materials provided by Associate Provost for Institutional Effectiveness (e.g., instructions for review, self study, and department/college/university strategic plan, if available)
- Once on campus, elect a chairperson
- Visit campus for two days
- Participate in exit meeting with unit's Chair/Director, Dean, Associate Deans (where appropriate), Associate Provosts, and Provost
- Within 10 days of completion of site visit, external review team submits External Reviewer's Report to Associate Provost for Institutional Effectiveness.