Template for Research Centers
GSU Research Center Review Survey
Name of Center:
Section A. General Information
- When was the center created and to which department or school/college/office was it originally designated? If the designation has changed, in which department or school/college/office does the center currently reside?
- To whom does the center's director report?
- If there is an advisory board to this center, describe its function and composition.
- If the center is considered interdisciplinary, describe the interdisciplinary focus.
- Describe in detail the amount of start-up support available.
Section B. Goals and Objectives
- Please enumerate the initial or original goals and objectives of the center and describe the current goals and objectives if they have changed.
- What are the major institutional, administrative, and/or financial resources that facilitate achieving the center's goals and objectives?
- What are the major institutional, administrative, and/or financial constraints that interfere with achieving the center's goals and objectives?
- What is your assessment of your achievement of your goals?
Section C. Research of the Center
- What research is currently being conducted in the center? Describe the major areas/topics of research. How has the center increased productivity of the faculty?
- What are the major impediments for conducting research in the center?
- What percentage of the center's funding has been paid out of Fund Code 10? List amounts for the last five years.
- Attach a list of all research activities and other activities (e.g. workshops/programs/conferences/seminars/symposia/etc.) of the center.
- Attach separate bibliographies of refereed and non-refereed publications which have resulted from research activities of the center. List publications for three years only.
- Attach a list of grants submitted in the last three academic years and list all sources of funding. Click here for the format to use. For funded grants, give title, funding source, amount, type of grant (research or instructional), GSU project number, and period funded. Specify the amount of funds received from each category (research or instruction) for each of the last three years.
Section D. Center Personnel
- List all personnel funded through the center for the prior fiscal year. Use this format. Faculty who receive course releases or full or partial summer pay should be counted as center members.