Incept Student Checklist
Download Incept Student Checklist (PDF)
In preparing for you first day of classes at Georgia State, there's a lot to do! These checklists will help keep you organized and make sure you've gotten everything done before you arrive to Incept, during your Incept conference day, and after you leave.
- Register for you Math and Chemistry tests, if required, through PAWS and make sure you complete them before* your scheduled Incept conference day.
- Register through PAWS for your Incept conference day - there are a limited number of spaces each day so register yourself and any guests you want to bring with you as soon as possible.
- If you cannot pay by credit or debit card online, you'll need to make sure you send in your mail-in registration form as soon as possible.
- If you need to change the date of your Incept conference, you must do so THREE FULL business days prior to your previously scheduled date. Call the Office of New Student Orientation and Parent Relations at 404-413-1570 to register for a new date.
- Print copies of the registration page and payment confirmation email to bring with you to your Incept conference day.
- Make travel and overnight accommodations as necessary
- Check-in for ONE DAY, TRANSFER EXPRESS, and COMBINATION conferences is from 7-7:55 a.m. and the program will begin promptly at 8 a.m.
- Check-in for OVERNIGHT conferences is from 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and the program will begin promptly at 1 p.m. Please make travel plans accordingly.
- Contact the Office of New Student Orientation & Parent Relations at least two weeks in advance if you:
- Have any permanent or temporary disabilities or needs which may require advance arrangements for assistance, at least two weeks before your conference date. Please note: We are not able to provide a wheelchair or other medical equipment.
- Have special dietary needs. We can accommodate special meals for dairy-free and gluten-free diets only. All meals will include a vegetarian option.
- Submit final transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
- Submit your Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) Examination scores to the Office of Admissions.
- Make sure all financial aid forms are complete and submitted.
- Activate your Campus ID and email address - call the HelpDesk at 404-413-4357 if you have any problem with your activation.
- Take and submit your own photo for your Panther Card.
- Check your PAWS account for any holds on your account. If possible, take the necessary steps to remove the holds before you arrive to Incept. Holds on your account may prevent or seriously delay your ability to register for classes at Incept. Common holds include:
- Balance Due - charges may be for tuition, housing, or any other fees.
- Emergency Contact Information - simply update the required information to release the hold.
- Immunization - you can still attend Incept and register for classes if you have not turned in your Immunization record, but you must do this as soon as possible.
- Online pre-orientation (for transfers only) - must be completed in order to register for classes.
- Make arrangements with University Housing if you are planning to live on campus.
- Review course schedule offerings and Freshman Learning Communities. Discuss your academic plans with your parents.
- Before using the Student Recreation Center, you must first complete the Student Recreation Center Waiver.
- Get more information about Incept and Georgia State with our social media outlets:
*Students attending the OVERNIGHT Incept program will take the Math and Chemistry placement exams during Incept and do not need to complete the exams before their scheduled Incept day. However, students attending the overnight program still need to register for required exams in advance.
What to Bring to Incept
At Incept, we will provide you with a book bag, pen, and all other materials you will need throughout the day. Here is a list of things you need to bring with you:
- Wear comfortable shoes and layered clothing - you'll want walking shoes for the campus tour and moving about the buildings. Additionally, it may be hot outside, but some inside spaces are air-conditioned so you may want a light cardigan or sweater. Don't forget to check the weather and bring an umbrella if the forecast is calling for rain.
- Printed copies of your Incept registration confirmation and payment confirmation email
- Your Panther ID number and campus ID
- Copies of your transcripts and any financial aid information you received prior to your Incept conference day
- A photo identification card such as a driver's license, government-issued ID, or high school identification card. You won't be issued your Panther Card without it!
- Cash to pay for parking - $6.00 in the M-Deck lot
- Meet your fellow classmates, Inceptors (new student orientation leaders), faculty, and staff
- Take a campus tour
- Get all your questions about Georgia State programs and services answered
- Meet with financial aid representatives at the Enrollment Services Marketplace to discuss any questions about your account
- Find a club or organization to join once you arrive to campus
- Register for your classes
- Get your Panther Card
- Receive a copy of the First-Year Book and On Campus Student Handbook
- Complete Incept evaluation and link your Georgia State email account.
- Turn in Immunization records (if you have not yet done so)
- Make sure your tuition and fees are paid-in-full by payment deadline
- Have conversations with your parents about:
- Campus safety and awareness
- Accident/Emergency situations
- Academic expectations
- Getting involved on campus
- Time management and fiscal responsibility
- Living on-campus or commuting
- Read the First-Year Book
- Order books for fall classes
- Register your vehicle
- Register your OrgSync account and choose clubs to join
- Sign up for PantherAlert, Georgia State's emergency text messaging system
- Link your official Georgia State email account to an account that you check regularly (such as GMail or Hotmail).
- Plan to attend Freshman Convocation
For students attending the OVERNIGHT Incept conference you'll need to bring an overnight bag with a few essential items. Your residence hall room will have bed linens, but don't forget to pack the following:
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, soap)
- Flip-flops/shower shoes
- Alarm Clock
- Change of clothes for the following day