Incept Parent Checklist
Download Incept Parent Checklist (PDF)
In helping your student prepare for their first day of classes at Georgia State, there's a lot to do! These checklists will help keep you organized and make sure you've gotten everything done before you arrive to Incept, during your Incept conference day, and after you leave.
- Have your student register you as a guest for the Incept conference day they have chosen to attend.
- Make travel and overnight accommodations as necessary.
- Check-in for ONE DAY, TRANSFER EXPRESS, and COMBINATION conferences is from 7-7:55 a.m. and the program will be begin promptly at 8 a.m.
- Check-in for OVERNIGHT conferences is from 9-9:55 a.m. and the program will begin promptly at 1 p.m. Please make travel plans accordingly.
- Verify that your student has completed the following tasks:
- Activated their campus ID and e-mail address
- Filled out all necessary financial aid forms
- Submitted final transcripts and Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) test scores to Office of Admissions
- Registered for campus housing (if planning to be a resident student) and completed immunization forms
- Registered for and completed any placement tests (Math, Chemistry, or Foreign Language)
- Checked PAWS account for any holds
- Filled out Student Recreation Center waiver
- Discuss your student's enrollment in a Freshman Learning Community or general class selection prior to the afternoon registration session
What to Bring to Incept
- Printed copies of Incept registration confirmation page and payment confirmation email
- Cash for parking - $6.00 cash in the M-Deck lot
- Comfortable clothes, walking shoes, and light jacket. Don't forget to check the weather and bring an umbrella if the forecast is calling for rain.
- Ask any and all questions you have about Georgia State programs and services
- Meet with a financial aid representative and your student at the Enrollment Services Marketplace to discuss any additional questions
- Join the Parents Association
- Have conversations with your student about:
- Campus safety and awareness
- Accident/Emergency situations
- Academic expectations
- Getting involved on campus
- Time management and fiscal responsibility
- Living on campus or commuting from home
- Attend the Send Off Social
- Attend Freshman Convocation - August 25, 2013
- Register for Family Weekend.