Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I nominate myself?
- Do I have to tell the person I am nominating that I am the one who submitted their nomination?
Answer: No, but it is a good idea to tell them. This lets them know that someone recognizes the outstanding work they are performing. They will be notified of their nomination by Employee Development and Wellness Services prior to the Annual Award Ceremony.
- Does the nominee’s supervisor/ manager have to authorize the nomination?
Answer: No. The senior management staff will review and evaluate all nominations.
- Can I nominate someone who does not currently work in the Division of Finance and Administration?
Answer: Yes, you may if the individual: A) was an employee of the F&A Division at the time the outstanding event or action occurred or B) the individual was a member of a team or committee that was based within the Division.
- Can I nominate someone who is no longer employed at GSU?
Answer: Generally, no. However, exceptions are made when the nominee has retired during the year or when the nominee left the employment of GSU after the nomination submission deadline — they are still eligible.
- Can someone from outside the Division nominate an employee of the Division?
Answer: No. The program has as its focus recognition from within the division by directors, managers and/or supervisors or peers. However, e-mails or letters of recommendation from individuals outside the division can be submitted as documentation accompanying a nomination by an F&A employee.
- How will I know that you received my nomination?
Answer: EDWS will confirm receipt of your nomination via e-mail. If you do not have e-mail, feel free to call us to confirm.
- Is it really necessary to answer so many questions to submit a nomination?
Answer: Yes. We will need as much specific information as you can provide in order to appreciate the degree to which your candidate went “above and beyond” his/her normal job duties.
- What if I want to nominate someone but need help in completing the nomination materials. Is there someone I can talk with to answer my questions?
Answer: Yes. Speak with your manager or supervisor. Or you may call Employee Development and Wellness Services for assistance.
- Can I submit my nomination electronically?
Answer: Yes, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional questions should be directed to:
Oyin Jones Mitchell, Employee Development and Wellness Services
1 Park Place, Suite 308, ext. 3-3296 or