The guiding principles of the program are as follows:
1. Awards are based on results or behaviors that lead directly to the accomplishment of the division’s stated goals.
2. All employees up to, but not including, the level of senior management* are eligible to be recognized. Georgia State University employees outside the division who have worked with any Finance and Administration unit on teams, committees or projects can also be nominated.
* Senior management staff is ineligible for individual nominations, but may be included on departmental, team or workgroup nominations. Senior Management includes the Vice President, Associate Vice President, Assistant Vice Presidents and all Directors reporting directly to the Vice President.
3. Employees who are currently the subject of a disciplinary action are not eligible to receive a recognition award.
4. All nominees must be at least part-time staff and have completed their six month provisional period. Recent retirees are also eligible (since fiscal year 2011).
5. All monetary awards are subject to federal and state taxes.
6. The Nomination/Selection process requirements consist of the following:
- Nominations of eligible employees will be accepted from any Finance and Administration employee
- All nominations must be submitted with a Nomination Narrative
- Nomination Narrative should be a maximum of 2 pages
- Nomination Narrative should include a level of detail sufficient enough to evaluate the nominee’s actions or behaviors. See narrative tips
7. Coordination of the Rewards & Recognition Program is the responsibility of the R&R Committee.
8. The committee selected by Sr. Vice President will be responsible for selecting the winners of the annual awards.
9. Nominations may be completed by anyone within the Finance and Administration division including self-nominations.
10.Nomination must be received by 6:00 PM on Monday, October 3rd, 2011 to your R&R representative, the office of ODCS or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. THERE WILL BE NO EXTENSIONS.
We look forward to your participation in honoring our division’s outstanding employees!