Introductory Letter Regarding Training
Information about (ADP) Shared Services Training at Georgia State University
In order to help facilitate the transition to the new Shared Services system for payroll, benefits, and HRIS, Georgia State University will be conducting training classes. Please see below for some frequently asked questions about training.
Who Should Attend Training?
People who manage employees and timesheets of any kind should plan on attending a workshop. We encourage as many employees as possible to attend one of the sessions being offered on Employee Self Service (ESS) and Etime as everyone will be affected by these processes. Every employee in the University will be using the new (ADP) Shared Services System.
Many functions that are currently performed on paper such as Timesheets and Report of Absence will now be done electronically. This new system will also allow employees to electronically perform functions through a self-service module such as direct deposit, viewing their pay, and benefit enrollment and updates. The benefit update training will be in the fall in conjunction with open enrollment. We are also setting up workstations in the payroll/benefits office to assist employees
Which Classes Should I attend?
Note on Employee Self Service (ESS)- Employee Self Service and registration will be taught in all eTime classes. Employees will use ESS to view paycheck information as a replacement for “easyview”. It will also be used to access Etime, Benefits, and Manager functions..
1. Employee Self-Service (ESS) and eTime Employee – This class will teach all employees (except Part Time Instructors and Graduate Assistants) how to complete their timesheets or Vacation/Sick time (Report of Absence) online. These classes are based on your employee status:
ESS and eTime for Hourly Students and Temporaries (Registration Required)
ESS and eTime for Bi-Weekly Staff (Registration Required)
ESS and eTime for Monthly Staff and Faculty (Registration Required)
2. Employee Self-Service (ESS) and eTime Approver(Registration Required) In the ESS/Etime Approver class you will learn your approver functions and how each of your employees will operate in the system. If you attend the etime approver class you are welcome to attend any of the other employee ESS/Etime classes, however it is not necessary. You can sign up for this class at http://www.gsu.edu/hr/34384.html
3. HRAC- The HRAC class was designed for HRAC memebers to cover the material in the ESS/ Etime Approver class as well learn about scheduling. If you attend the HRAC class you are welcome to attend any of the other classes, however it is not necessary. You can sign up for this class by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
4. MFE – This class will cover how to hire new faculty in the HR system. Training dates are TBD.
5. PPGRA – This class will cover how to initiate changes to part time instructor and graduate assistant employment data. Training dates are TBD
6. Manager Self Service Initiator/Approver: Manager Self Service (MSS) will replace Epaf in the new system. These classes are currently being scheduled.
When are the training classes and how do I register?
A schedule of our current classes and registration can be found at our website: http://www.gsu.edu/hr/34384.html
Is there a way I can learn Etime and ESS without attending one of these c lasses?
There will be manuals for ESS and Etime placed online at http://www.gsu.edu/hr/34384.html
We are planning on broadcasting live web seminars for the Etime Employee and Etime Approver classes that will be recorded and made available on the web. Please see calendar on our website for more details.
How can I get more help?
1. Open Classroom- After attending training for ESS and Etime bring your work with any questions you may have and we will help you resolve your issues. Please see calendar on our website for more information
2. Website- For more information about training please visit our website: http://www.gsu.edu/hr/34384.html
3. If you have questions regarding training please contact Christy Stark at email@example.com
4. For all other questions please contact the Help Desk (404) 413-4357. They will refer as needed.