Training and Development
Welcome to the Organizational Development and Consulting Services' Training and Development component. We offer courses and workshops covering a wide variety of topics, each designed to either increase your knowledge or improve your skills and abilities
By providing a means to improve an employee’s performance, Georgia State University moves closer to achieving its overall institutional goals. These courses and workshops have been carefully developed to help employees increase their effectiveness by gaining greater knowledge of the University’s operations and improving their professional skills.
All Georgia State University employees (faculty and staff) and students are welcome to attend our courses and workshops. If your department/unit is interested in customized courses or workshops, please click here.
Georgia State University Training and Development programs:
- Assist employees with adjusting to work situations and create a greater sense of community.
- Provide knowledge of operating procedures so that employees are able to function more efficiently in various University departments.
- Encourage employees to develop and refine skills by providing instruction and practice in areas such as leadership, teambuilding, customer service, and computing.
- Improve interpersonal skills through soft skills training.
- Foster good employee relations and reduce turnover by sponsoring programs that encourage greater job satisfaction and promotional opportunities.
- Provide up-to-date information about University policies and procedures.
- Enhance the quality of work and personal life for Georgia State University employees.