Accepting Your Aid
The Office of Student Financial Aid notifies you of your federal financial aid award package by e-mail. You can view and accept your award package in PAWS. Any federal grants that you are awarded are automatically accepted for you. The federal work-study program and federal loans require you to accept the award through your PAWS account.
Before accepting any federal aid, make sure that you will be enrolled for all the semesters for which you are accepting aid. If an award amount is offered for a semester that you will not be enrolled, contact the Office of Student Financial Aid
Accept the Loan or Work Study Award Offer in PAWS
- Go to http://paws.gsu.edu (or visit http://www.gsu.edu and click on the “PAWS” button in the upper-right corner).
- Log in to PAWS (use the same login as GoSOLAR). Then, click on the “One Stop Shop” tab, then select "Financial Aid."
- Select “Award Information.” Then, select “Award by Aid Year.”
- Choose the appropriate academic year. (The new academic year starts with Fall and ends with Summer.)
- Click on the “Accept Award Offer” tab.
- Pay attention to the award period (whether one or two semesters).
- Carefully read and follow the instructions to accept the amount (if any) that you want.
- If you already made a decision in PAWS, then to adjust the amount or award period, you must notify the Office of Student Financial Aid in writing. mail to: P.O. Box 4040, Atlanta, GA 30302-4040 (or use a drop box in Sparks Hall)