Recycling Bin Types (PDF)
The goal of the GSU Recycling Team is to capture 100% of GSU’s recycling.
We have standardized each participating building’s recycling area so everyone will know exactly where to place recycling in the buildings.
All recycling must be clean, empty, and contain no trace of food.
Your cooperation makes our recycling program a success!!!
- All participating classroom buildings have a paper bin on the first floor, and a bottles and cans bin centrally located on every floor
All office buildings have a bottles and cans bin on every floor, and each person has a desk-side bin which they empty into the big bin on their floor
Participating buildings have a Coca-Cola bottles and cans bin next to the vending machines
Bring flattened corrugated cardboard to your building’s recycling area (usually the basement or dock)
Styrofoam can be placed in your building’s recycling area
Every parking garage has a bottles and cans bin on the first level
Ink and toner recycling can be brought to the bin at Courtland South, 120 Collins St. directly across from G deck. Mail Services has teamed up with Recycling to offer a more convenient way to recycle your ink and toner cartridges. Until further notice, Mail Services will pick up and recycle any toner placed in your outgoing mail bin (only one or two at a time, please!). If you have an empty toner cartridge, simply place it with your outgoing mail and Mail Services will take care of the rest. Toner recycling will still be offered in the bin placed in Courtland South if you prefer to recycle your own toner.
- Batteries can also be recycled at Courtland South.
- Any metal can be placed on the pallet behind Courtland South.
- Clothing and household items are collected year-round in bins placed in the dorms, then donated to various charities in our area. (Contact Building Services for list of charities)
- With administration’s support, SunTrust, Commerce Building, and 75 Piedmont may have personal recycling stations which each person is responsible for emptying into the larger bins located on their floor.
Any item which is dirty or contains food traces such as:
- Paper towels
- plastic bags,
- Saran Wrap, and
- coffee cups are not recyclable.
Bring your own hand towel, reusable shopping bag, containers, and coffee mug to help make a difference!