Because GSU recognizes that some disabilities result in the need for specific scheduling of classes, priority registration is given to those students whose functional limitations:
- Require pre-arranged support services, such as textbooks on tape, Braille or large print materials, readers, extended testing time, interpreters, real-time captioning, etc., which are necessary as accommodations.
- Impose mobility constraints due to limitations of speed, and/or endurance.
- Impose physical or cognitive restrictions due to fatigue, medication side-effects, difficulties with sustained concentration, or limited cognitive processing documented according to guidelines upheld by the Office of Disability Services.
- Necessitate preferential seating, selection of professors with certain speech patterns or teaching styles due to communication/learning issues as verified through Office of Disability Services.
- Require extensive therapy or other medical treatment/intervention which impacts scheduling flexibility (i.e. chemotherapy, renal dialysis, etc.) and such need has been documented through the Office of Disability Services.
All priority registration requests are reviewed an approved by the Office of Disability Services. Eligibility for priority registration will be periodically re-evaluated and prior approval does not constitute entitlement for on-going eligibility.