The Office of Disability Services maintains and provides several mechanical and electronic devices which may be checked out by students with disabilities. As new devices are being procured from time to time, this list is not exhaustive. Below are the devices currently in use by students:
- JAWS version 9 and 10.0. Windows Screen Reading Software
- ZoomText Magnifier 9.1. Enlarges and enhances everything on the computer screen.
- Read & Write 8.1. Text-to-speech and Voice Recognition
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10. Speech Recognition Software
- Wynn Wizard. Scanning and reading software. Scan printed pages and convert them into electronic text. Read scanned text, word processing documents, Adobe Acrobat PDF files, text files, and the Internet.
- Open Book 8.0. Scanning and reading software
- Inspiration version 8. Visual thinking and learning tool to plan, research and complete projects.
- Premier AT. A suite of assistive softwares such as talking dictionary, talking calculator, Talking Word Processor ,text reader, Text-To-Audio etc.
- Infogrip BIGtrack mouse for people with mobility or fine motor limitations.
- SmartNAV hands-free mouse
- CCTV Systems Low vision video and image magnifier
- Braille embosser
- Manually loaded scanners