University Career Services (UCS) is a comprehensive career center dedicated to the success of all Georgia State University students. Last year, we served over 8,000 students via face-to-face contacts and over 9,000 students through our programs and events. These17,000 plus student service contacts represented students from all colleges, across all years. Much of our success comes from the quality services UCS offers, our customer service focus, and our deep commitment to help each and every student and recruiter succeed.
We do not work in isolation – we work with faculty, academic advisors, and other career professionals across the campus so as to maximize your success – as a student or as an employer. Our campus career partners include the Robinson College of Business Career Management Center, the College of Law Career Services, and GSU Alumni Career Services.
Every individual lives their purpose and passion.
Our mission is to assist students with the identification of, preparation for, and transition into opportunities that reflect their purpose and passion in the pursuit of success in a global society.
How do we embrace our Vision and accomplish our Mission?
Through our programs:
- Career Resource Center – Career library, computer lab, online career tools, and support personnel, all to support students exploring their passion and purpose
- Career Development Team – Coordinates career counseling, career assessment, campus workshops, and helps students discover their passion and purpose
- Employer Relations Team – Generates student jobs, internships, and career opportunities, coordinates career and internship fairs and campus employer visits, helps students prepare for the job/internship search, and helps students connect with their passion and purpose
- Graduate and Professional School Planning Program – Coordinates yearly recruiting fair and assists students with their advanced degree planning, also helping students pursue their passion and purpose
Through our people:
- University Career Services is staffed by professionals dedicated to student and recruiter success.
- We value career exploration, intentional planning, and thoughtful preparation.
- We know career planning is not a simple process and we will take the time to assist.
- We believe in strong, trusting relationships that deliver results.
Through our values:
- Caring, expressed through our commitment to students, their empowerment, and their inspiration
- Excellence, expressed through knowledge, expertise, service, and accountability to students and recruiters
- Diversity, of people, of thought, and of action
- Future orientation, honoring the past and present
- Support for Georgia State University, our context and ultimate purpose – educating students
Who can use our services?
- Currently enrolled Georgia State University students
- Recent graduates of Georgia State University (within one year graduation date)
- Prospective Georgia State University students (limited fee-based services available – career assessment only)
Location and Hours
Location: 260 University Center
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.
Walk-in résumé reviews (no appointment needed):
Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Mail: University Career Services, PO Box 3972, Atlanta, GA 30303-3972
Package Delivery Service Only: University Career Services, Georgia State University, 66 Courtland Street, Suite 260 Atlanta, GA 30303-3081.
Main Reception Line: 404-413-1820
Main Fax Line: 404-413-1825
University Career Services has partnered with several companies to help you with your career development!
- Annual Report
View Georgia State University Career Services’ annual statement of operations.
- Assessments & Presentations
Click here for information on upcoming presentations!
- Policies & Procedures
Read the standard office regulations and get acquainted with the basic procedures of University Career Services.