June 28, 2010
Jeremy Craig, 404-413-1357
Georgia State University's new Parker H. Petit Science Center, located at the intersection of Decatur Street and Piedmont Avenue, opened in March 2010 and houses programs in biology, chemistry, nutrition, physical and respiratory therapies, public health and the Neuroscience Institute.
The center, named after GSU alumnus and healthcare executive Pete Petit, the facility adds needed lab and classroom space for students and researchers, and includes state-of-the-art learning technology as well as modern, updated research facilities.
Students, faculty and staff began their move to the center in the late spring of 2010 and summer classes got underway on June 14. Here is a glimpse into the life of the center, which will buzz with even more activity starting in the fall semester.